Technician electrocuted while erecting billboard in Ogun

Technician electrocuted while erecting billboard in Ogun

News Flash
Help Us Share This Article



A technician identified as Badmus Ola has reportedly died of electrocution in the Kajola area via Owode-Egba, Ogun State.

An eyewitness, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told PUNCH Online that the incident happened around 4.45 pm on Christmas Day.

Our correspondent learnt that the technician, along with five others, had been contracted to remove a billboard  in the area and replace it with a new one.

However, while replacing it with another one, the deceased victim was said to have held on to an iron rod.

The source told this newspaper that Ola was electrocuted when the iron rod he held mistakenly touched the high-tension cable.

READ ALSO  JUST IN: Nollywood actor Dejumo Lewis dies at age 80

Confirming the incident to PUNCH Online on Tuesday, the state Public Relations Officer, Odutola Omolola, said the corpse had been removed and deposited at a mortuary in the area.

“It happened yesterday (Monday) when they were removing a billboard. He died instantly. The corpse has been deposited at the Idera Hospital Morgue,” Odutola said.

All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

READ ALSO  Nigeria records N948.07bn VAT in Q3 2023 – NBS

Contact: [email protected]



Source link


Help Us Share This Article

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *